Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding to the application form, even if you have previously been awarded a grant from ECF in the past.
STEP 1: ELIGIBILITY
Ensure you have
- read about our Foundation’s Aims
- checked that you are Eligible to apply, even if you have successfully applied before
If you have received a grant from us previously:
You may submit a further application for funding provided that:
- It has been at least one year since the date of the last grant
- Your previous grant has been spent
- We have received your 12 month progress report
NB One of our Trustees will contact you after you have submitted a further application in order to arrange a meeting/visit. This is an essential part of the re-application process.
If you have previously applied for a grant and been turned down:
If you have unsuccessfully applied to ECF on more than one occasion, we recommend that you do not submit a further application.
If you have unsuccessfully applied only once, you may apply again provided it has been at least 12 months since you last applied. One of our Trustees will contact you after you have submitted a further application in order to arrange a meeting/visit. This is an essential part of the re-application process.
STEP 2: DATE
Check the date of the next relevant meeting for your project. You should apply in the relevant round for your project, i.e. Overseas or UK. If you apply in an inappropriate round, your application will be rejected.
STEP 3: REGISTER
Previous applicants: Please note that due to recent website changes, you may need to register again
STEP 4: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
To complete the application form, you will need
- a copy of your most recent accounts
- a copy of your project budget
- details of an independent, UK based referee, not affiliated to your organisation
- you may wish to upload one document of supporting information about your project (optional, this should complement not replace your project description)
First time applicants: Please note that the Trustees do not make grants in excess of £5,000 on first time applications.
Please note: You cannot access or view the form when the application window is closed. The form autosaves as you complete it - if you return to the application form you will be asked if you would like to 'restore' the form you were working on.
We are not currently accepting applications. Please see here for application dates.
The application form will appear here when we are accepting applications